Senior Security Engineer at Simon Data
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
Do you enjoy all approaching security with well-defined metrics and a standard of excellence? Working as a Security Engineer at Simon, you will contribute to building a security-aware environment that helps our customers garner trust in the Simon platform, secure the data they provide to us in petabyte-scale while we continue our international reach. Security is a fundamental property of the success we’ve had in the market! It will become more important as we scale into international markets and deepen our experience with large enterprise customers. We take a thoughtful approach to security which requires engineers with a focus on measurement and principled decision making when it comes to risk. The systems that we deploy, security activities we do, and business processes we implement all generate data that is important to the continuous improvement of security at Simon. As a part of this team, you’ll help build a security program and brand that empowers Simon and its customers.What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the design, development, and operation of core services that support security, engineering, and operations across Simon
- Collaborate with engineering to build scalable security capabilities such as threat modeling, code review, control design, and CI-instrumented testing
- Mentor members of engineering teams on security principles in support of Simon’s Security Champions program
- Plan, design, and develop new features for Simon’s industry-leading marketing cloud that enable customers to better protect and manage their data
- Engage with company leadership to craft policy and implement processes that empower while protecting how we operate our business
- Work across engineering and product teams who are passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, and teamwork
- Actively engage with the development of the Simon engineering brand through open source contributions, conference talks, and blog posts
- Assist the security team and other departments with operational needs around information technology, risk assessment, and compliance management.
- 5+ year of related and demonstrated ability showcasing a clear understanding of industry-standard methodologies and a proven history of thinking quantitatively about risk
- Leadership and communication skills that enable you to bridge the gap between security and other parts of the organization
- Able to work indirectly with non-security partners to get things done
- Experience writing and reviewing code, with the ability to think holistically about how code fits into a broader architecture/system
- Proficiency in deploying and hardening Linux-based and/or containers systems, ideally with automated provisioning and configuration management tooling
- A collaborative, teamwork centric mindset that is more interested in a positive team culture and learning over sponsorship of a particular idea
- Cloud: EC2, S3, SQS, RedShift, EMR, RDS, ELB, AWS VPCs and networking, etc
- Operating systems: CentOS Linux, MacOS
- Orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes, Packer, Jenkins
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Location: Remote - US Only