Senior Security Engineer at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join our growing team in New York! The Security team at Braze is charged with the overall security of the entirety of mission-critical applications and the platforms they run on. We are a modern, cloud-first, SaaS application company with no classical “legacy” systems. We are operating at a very large scale and are constantly expanding our mature application stack. Due to the nature of our business, we have one of the most unique and exciting threat profiles in the private sector, defending a large amount of critical infrastructure depended on by our over 2 billion active users.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Security Engineer at Braze you will work on a diverse set of projects, tasks, and problems focused around:
- Working with the Head of Security, DevOps team, and CTO to design and implement network and application security controls.
- Understanding complex, large scale production applications’ security needs and implementing them.
- Improving secure engineering practices in the engineering organization.
- Protecting Braze customer and employee data.
- Conducting regular security and risk assessments of Braze infrastructure.
- Assisting Braze's Sales and Legal departments with business-related security evaluations.
- Interfacing with other teams, and taking a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives.
- Interacting directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threat intelligence.
- Effectively operating within the confines of scale to deploy customized and realistically effective solutions to protect Braze-specific applications and systems.
- Working with our compliance and privacy teams to ensure client expectations are met and exceeded.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a person who can enjoy translating complex attack vectors into plain English and show/teach people how to mitigate them. You enjoy trying to break things in order to make them better and more secure, and you are always keeping up with the forefront of security research and incorporating that research into your toolset.
As a Senior Security Engineer at Braze, you will be expected to have the following capabilities:
- 4+ years of experience working in a defensive information security capacity.
- A deep history of implementation and operation of security tooling.
- A track record of passion for independent security research.
- Ability to conduct lightweight offensive/discovery operations on your own or with a team.
- Ability to lead the coordination of resolution on a wide range of incidents.
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services and Azure’s native security controls.
- History of working with production containerization and orchestration tooling/workflows.
- Light knowledge of programming and scripting languages for the purpose of automation.
- Excellent communication skills with a history of successfully dealing with customers internally or externally.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office (when we return to the office!), including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.