Imagen is extending the frontiers of medicine and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve human well-being. In the short term, we are building state-of-the-art AI software to reduce diagnostic errors in radiology and improve patient outcomes. Over the long term, we are transforming early disease identification and management through our interdisciplinary research at the intersection of medicine and AI.
We’re a team of leading scientists, engineers, clinicians, and industry professionals from some of the top healthcare and technology organizations across the globe. Our clinical team is comprised of radiologists and surgeons from Mayo Clinic, Stanford Hospital, Hospital for Special Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, and other prestigious institutions. Imagen’s technical team is comprised of machine learning PhDs and engineers with extensive experience doing research and building technology and products at world-class organizations.
We were founded in 2015 and have raised over $60M from leading venture capitalists, hospitals and health systems, and technology entrepreneurs. Our institutional investors include Google Ventures and DFJ.
We're looking for our first dedicated security hire who will be responsible for improving and assuring the security of our technical infrastructure. Our ideal teammate has a breadth of security design and implementation experience and is comfortable working with stakeholders across the team. This individual is excited to play a meaningful hands-on role in the launch of a new business unit that is dramatically expanding Imagen's cloud infrastructure, network, and endpoint footprint (and associated security needs!). This role will report to our VP of Engineering.
- Own our security roadmap and serve as a key contributor to security policies, ensuring protection of our (and our customers’) data assets as well as HIPAA compliance
- Understand and map out Imagen's technical footprint, and be responsible for analyzing risks and driving security improvements
- Write, maintain, and ensure compliance of security policies
- Collaborate with software development teams to improve the security of applications and AWS infrastructure
- Improve SIEM and lead security responses and investigations
- Select, onboard, and manage third party vendors and consultants as needed to accomplish security goals
- Train the team on security best practices
- Pragmatic and able to determine what is and is not important
- 2+ years of formal IT security or security engineering experience, 4+ years of technical experience. Compliance experience (e.g., HIPAA, SOC2, etc.) preferred
- Experience in at least two of: cloud security, endpoint security, and application security
- Comfort with a scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc)
- Ability to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.