Senior Security Researcher (Remote) at HUMAN
At HUMAN, we are all about knowing who’s real. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
Our reverse engineering team is responsible for diving deep into the rabbit holes of botnets and fraud. We keep a keen eye on the latest threats while also trying to predict the next move in ad fraud. Massive-scale cyber crime relies on infected hosts. By dissecting and analyzing the malware involved in this we’re able to pivot and dismantle whole operations. Fast and agile, we try to automate as much of the boring tasks as we can, so we can focus on boldly going where no analyst has gone before.
You will need a keen edge in order to discern between a developer that just doesn’t understand how to implement an application and another one that’s keen on committing fraud. Our work can bring down a whole company, so with great power, comes great responsibility! You’ll need to be familiar with various programming languages and app development standard methodologies, as well as having bash as your second language.What you will do:
- Answer the technical questions, such as: Why is this app doing so much traffic out of nowhere in the middle of the night? Why is it pretending to be a desktop browser? This automated login, was it with, or without, user consent?
- Develop new ways of sifting through global-scale telemetry.
- Explain what a certain IoC means to less Android/iOS savvy people in order for them to better conceptualize a threat.
- Reverse engineer Android/iOS apps and come up with a human readable report that can be used as a justification for implementing our block/allow decisions.
- Use your skills in manual reverse engineering to create global-scale automation.
- A deeply enthusiastic hacker in either iOS or Android. (If Android is your specialty, you’re willing to learn iOS as needed.)
- Charles/BURP/Fiddler are no strangers to you.
- You’re comfortable with reading Java/Kotlin/C++/Objective-C/SWIFT code (the more the merrier).
- Proficient with at least one scripting language.
- Thorough understanding of the mobile/web ecosystem.
- Experience with packers/obfuscators in the past and know how to break some of them is a plus
- Nice to have someone who understands HTTP and what a 3-way handshake is
- Unlimited PTO
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Extraordinary coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.