Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Networks at Squarespace
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams are looking for experienced and passionate infrastructure engineers to help in ensuring that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, and that all of the features work. We work together with the product teams to maintain the reliability of our features that are backed by a fleet of microservices, with the infrastructure teams to grow our current data centers and build new ones, with the data teams to tackle challenging “big data” issues, and the security teams to keep a close eye on the latest vulnerabilities and protect our product, infrastructure and networks.
This position will report to the engineering manager.
- You will build software and systems to manage and monitor the network (common languages are Python and Go)
- You will keep production network running with an emphasis on scalable automation and telemetry
- You will participate in on-call rotation
- 3+ years of experience building, deploying and operating distributed services and monitoring for production networks
- Proficiency with Python/Go/C++
- Deep knowledge of TCP/UDP and IP routing
- Knowledge of Linux internals, TCP/IP, DNS, Load Balancing technologies
- Experience working with fault tolerant, highly available, high throughput, distributed, scalable systems
- Knowledge of cloud compute technologies, network monitoring, data processing and analytics
- Experience with datacenter monitoring, service oriented systems, micro-services
- Expereince with network automation, dynamic routing, SNMP, network telemetry
- Exposure to Grafana, Prometheus, ElasticSearch and other distributed platforms
- Aptitude to be a good team player and willingness to learn and implement new technologies as needed
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits and Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.