Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Security at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 150,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
At Grubhub, we take information security seriously. The Security Engineering team helps to protect our and customer assets from a wide variety of threats.
As part of the Security Engineering team; you will design, build, and help maintain the tools and operational practices we use to protect our business, business partners, and diners. You will work closely with engineering teams across the enterprise to field existing solutions, advise on secure architecture, and help secure our environment as a whole.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work with teams across the enterprise on improving tools and strategies for the management of security related tools and services. This can be anything from ongoing risk analysis, to building and improving automated response.
- Provide engineering teams and business stakeholders insights into security risks, and provide advice on mitigating, reducing those risks.
- Write scripts, automate processes, and create baseline images for technology teams to use in order to streamline and build line security on existing or new processes
- Comprehend large, complex systems through documentation, diagrams, and direct communication
- Help solve how to best apply security engineering techniques to the cloud and work in sync with agile processes
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends
- Understand vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and remediation techniques and doing so in alignment with Grubhub’s policies
- Evangelize security within the organization
You Should Have
- 3+ years experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 5+ years experience of Security Engineering experience
- Experience with leading technical projects from initial design through release
- Ability to write automation in various languages, including python, bash(sh), and Powershell.
- Experience with designing and implementing automation for technical processes
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills, a strong sense of ownership and have an innovative mindset
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative
- Passion and enthusiasm for security and building secure products
- AWS Security or Security Operations certifications a plus!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options, and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.