Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized experiences for their customers. We’re focused problem-solvers who believe in taking on big challenges with innovative thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to redefine the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we truly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This approach is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
Simon engineering was founded with a strong DevOps culture and has a world-class team of ops-savvy engineers today. We’re looking for a seasoned Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to coordinate our infrastructure and engineering efforts, while also serving as an inspiring leader on the subject both within and outside the company. As the perfect candidate, you have shown experience leading within a team to balance efficiency and company spend. You will help lead efforts from tooling to continuous deployment across web apps, elastic data clusters, event processing pipelines, and more!What You'll Do
- Help shape the future of our cloud infrastructure and deeply engage with our security team to help build security automation and tooling into our architecture
- Drive cloud infrastructure hosting design decisions and lead the team in implementation
- Engineer integrations within the application to support our infrastructure hosting decisions
- Scale and manage big data clusters to help build improved tooling and products
- Be intimately involved with our engineering teams to foster a culture of DevOps
- Help with performance engineering across our stack
- Take responsibility for maintaining Simon’s superior uptime and SLAs around availability, throughput, and latency
- Participate in our on-call rotation and support our Customer Success team with solid engineering expertise
- At least 7 years of experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Software Engineer, or similar role
- Experience with AWS (ex: EMR, RDS, Lambda, S3), Big data tools (ex: Athena, Presto), APM/observability tooling, Docker, and CICD tools (ex: Jenkins, Gitlab, CircleCI)
- Experience developing and troubleshooting Python or Node.js
- Practical knowledge of DevOps culture and practices, fluid day-to-day systems programming, and familiarity with all manner of distributed systems
- Direct experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment, Slack ops, application performance measurement, and alerting systems
- Superior communication skills and experience leading teams of engineers and representing them to the business
This is a full-time W2 position and can not support Corp to Corp (C2C) candidates at this time. Visa sponsorship/visa transfers for this role are currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.