Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Velocity at Kustomer
Kustomer is the omni-channel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences – not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Does the phrase “securing the provisioning of highly available, highly scalable, automated, cloud-based production environments” roll off your tongue? Have you previously worked on any large scale web applications? You might just be the engineer we’re looking to join our team. You’ll be the bedrock of our engineering experience, pushing our team to perform efficiently with the best tools available. The ideal candidate in our eyes will have a blend of DevOps and Backend experience, being heavier on the DevOps end with some experience in building and designing web applications at scale.
This role sits on our Trust & Velocity team - this team focuses on issues that affect internal and external confidence in our application and brand (Trust) as well as issues that affect the speed of development as it relates to the whole engineering team (Velocity). We take ownership of anything that involves performance, scalability, reliability, observability, availability, and security. Lastly, this team also handles trust reviews prior to the start of any project to ensure that features are built in a way that optimizes for the previously listed areas of concern.
You'll be responsible for:
- Experience with AWS ECS/EKS to enable cloud dev environments
- Managed complex CI/CD pipelines for large scale engineering teams
- Manage infrastructure and own projects that enable the engineering team to maintain high velocity
- Continuously iterate on infrastructure optimizing for cost
- Improve pipelines for QA and automated testing through disposable QA environments
- You live and breathe automation, performance, and optimization
- You have experience with AWS and Docker
- You have experience with application architecture design and development
- You have a working knowledge of writing code and scripts in multiple languages
- You have knowledge of best practices, operating a highly available and secure service
- You have built and managed features in a large scale application
- You have deep experience in creating/managing robust access roles and policies, implementing security observability tools and automations and optimizing for performance and cost, managing secrets and automated key rotations
- 4+ years experience managing and monitoring a highly available distributed application
- Strong AWS experience managing infrastructure in a secure, highly available, automated fashion (VPC, ELB, Auto Scaling)
- Docker and container management experience
- Knowledge of building and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Experience with Terraform
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working in a fast-paced Startup environment
- Experience working with Customer facing SaaS
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.