Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Namely’s mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. We’re an HR, payroll, and benefits platform that provides the technology, data, and support that HR professionals need and employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, and we believe every company and employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology. At Namely, we are problem solvers, self-starters, and obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients.
Join the SRE team at one of the fastest growing startups in the country. Namely SRE’s job is to keep the platform that over 1,000 companies use to manage their employees and payroll running smoothly and efficiently. By leveraging cutting edge technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Terraform and Istio (among others), we build powerful automated systems allowing engineers to manage their software’s entire lifecycle, from development, building, and testing through to production deployments, monitoring, and alerting.
- You will design the systems and processes that Namely engineers use to manage and deploy their software into production.
- Automate tasks such as building artifacts, infrastructure deployment, database migrations, etc.
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, alerting, logging) and high availability software engineering across the engineering organization.
- You will minimize risk of reliability related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness.
- 5+ years in SRE, DevOps or software engineering roles, with a focus on automation and distributed systems development.
- A desire to stay on the cutting edge of infrastructure and automation technologies.
- Fluency in at least one programming language. We use Go, Python, .Net Core
Nice to Have's:
- Experience with configuration management tools: Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Production experience with Docker and Kubernetes
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.