Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Namely
Join the Site Reliability Engineering team at one of the fastest growing tech startups in NYC!
At Namely, we are self-starters and problem solvers, obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients. We are a team of smart and self-motivated engineers who are eager to learn, grow and collaborate with each other. Each person is the owner of their work and directly impacts the success of our products and company.
Namely’s mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. We are transforming HR, payroll and benefits into a platform and experience HR professionals and employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, and we believe every company and employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology.
SRE’s job is to keep the platform that our 1,100 customers use running smoothly and efficiently. We build powerful automation that impacts everything from development and testing through to production deployment, scaling, monitoring, and alerting. Put another way, we eliminate work through automation. We have fun leveraging cutting edge technologies such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Istio, Jenkins, and Spinnaker.
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, shape Namely’s engineering culture and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Design and build the tools, frameworks, systems, and processes that Namely engineers use to build, integrate, deploy, scale and manage their software.
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil.
- Scale solutions from proofs-of-concept to full production systems.
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers on the SRE team and in the larger engineering org.
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and high availability software engineering.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate site disruption.
- Minimize the risk of reliability-related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness.
- 4+ years in SRE or DevOps roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and distributed systems development.
- 7+ years of overall software industry experience.
- A desire to stay on the cutting edge of infrastructure and automation technologies.
- Strong software development skills in at least one programming language. We use Go, Python, .NET Core.
- Production experience with infrastructure frameworks like Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes
- Production experience with AWS and Linux environments
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.