Senior Site Reliability Engineer
What you’ll do:
- Improve, monitor and maintain our infrastructure
- Ensure site uptime and performance
- Maintain and improve development and QA environments
- Work with web developers to improve tooling for initiatives like unit testing, deployment processes, etc.
- Proactively prep and train developers for improvements or updated workflows
- Quickly and proactively resolve developer issues
- Support the platform team in building new application platform on Node.js
- Make strategic recommendations and improvements to our application and infrastructure security
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience building and supporting cloud-based web infrastructure with AWS
- Docker experience (Kubernetes experience is a plus)
- Continuous integration and deployment experience (preferably with CircleCI)
- Relational databases and queueing systems knowledge (we use MySQL, Redshift, Redis)
- Experience with application monitoring and alerting systems (we use New Relic and Datadog)
- Understanding of web infrastructure: load balancing, high availability configurations, disaster recovery, DNS configuration, security best practices, etc.
- Working knowledge of software engineering practices
- Strong communication skills – you’re a natural collaborator and can report out to stakeholders of all levels
- Ability to balance strategy and execution
Why you want this job:
- Impact: you’ll play a key role in shaping the direction of our infrastructure and developer processes long-term
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.