Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team. Paxos’ SRE team owns the entire production and test infrastructure, consisting of over 200 EC2 instances, 25 databases, spanning 3 different regions. We are moving to cutting edge technologies like EKS, implementing modern CI/CD solutions, and deploying security tools to help protect hundreds of millions of dollars under custody. You will work closely with product engineering teams and our information security team to deploy and support cutting edge secure solutions.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will be a key player in building, deploying, and scaling the infrastructure that our other engineering teams use.
What you’ll do:
- You will help scale and build our infrastructure as we build more products that rely on this infrastructure
- You will build observability into our environment and applications that help us monitor and self-heal when problems come up.
- Own infrastructure projects end-to-end that span multiple teams.
- You will make the right trade-off between reliability and product feature speed – come up with metrics that define the tradeoff, get buy-in from stakeholders and measure against those
- You will automate code deployments so that we can release daily and often multiple times a day
- You will have active involvement and mentorship of junior engineers doing code reviews resulting in up leveling the skill set for the entire team
What you need to have:
- Significant work experience as a software engineer, DevOps Engineer, or Site Reliability Engineer
- While we don’t require a degree, formal schooling in engineering is a nice-to-have
- Experience working with at least one major cloud platform (AWS preferred)
- Work experience with Java, Python, Go, or Ruby
- Experience working with a product that has end users
- You have worked with common infrastructure tools like Docker, Terraform, Puppet, Helm
- You are able to understand and articulate the design and application of the architecture of the entire system
- You have worked with distributed systems, cloud native applications and system design
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
The Paxos Blog
Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
Podcast with Paxos Founder
Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money
Paxos in the WSJ