VTS is commercial real estate’s leading leasing, marketing and asset management platform where deals happen and real-time data comes to life. The VTS Platform captures the largest first-party data source in the industry, which delivers real-time insights that fuel faster, more informed decision making and connections throughout the deal and asset lifecycle. VTS Data, the industry’s only forward-looking market dataset, and VTS Market and Marketplace, the industry’s first integrated online marketing solution, give landlords, brokers, and tenants unparalleled visibility into real-time market information and the direct connectivity to execute deals with greater speed and intelligence at every point in the planning, marketing, leasing, and asset management cycle.
More than 60% of Class A commercial space in the US and 12B square feet of commercial real estate globally is managed on the VTS platform. Our user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals including respected industry leaders like Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE.
We recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and were named one of Crain's best places to work! Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA, and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
Are you wondering about how VTS has adapted to a WFH environment? Read our blog post here to find out!
How does this Position help VTS Succeed?
You would be joining the VTS team responsible for supporting shared infrastructure across our product lines, from our mature SaaS product to our early-stage data product, focused on helping VTS become the authoritative source of commercial real estate data. We’re currently focused on building an infrastructure platform to enable the next 5 years of growth for the company.
We are looking for an SRE with a strong software engineering background to work with teams across the organization to build and maintain monitorable, performant, reliable and highly-scalable software systems. In particular, you will:
- Build scalable, maintainable technical infrastructure for a new VTS product line
- Contribute core platform components, like service discoverability, towards VTS’ multi-application ecosystem
- Establish key criteria for future PaaS and SaaS decisions, and participate in platform migrations
- Set new standards for our production operations and roll them out across VTS
- Help develop our Production Readiness Review process
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in observability and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management
- Participate in and conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
What Makes You a Great Fit?
- Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership
- Experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems
- Experience with declarative infrastructure tools like Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFormation, or Terraform
- Substantial experience with a programming language like Java, PHP or Python
- Bonus: have experience developing new platforms on AWS or GCP
About Our Team
- We have a 70+ person engineering team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, designers, and QA
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We rely heavily on automated testing and CI (CircleCI)
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- Our stack: Ruby, Python, Java, Swift, React, Postgres, Heroku, Terraform
- Learn more on our engineering blog
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.