Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Your Impact on our Mission:
Zocdoc is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help monitor, maintain, and improve our production systems. You’ll be challenged with ensuring uptime and ludicrous speed response times for our patients and providers in a constantly changing environment. You’ll work with microservices and distributed systems in our AWS Cloud based environment. We’re looking for someone who loves challenging the status quo and strives to make everything they touch easier, faster, and more robust.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about ensuring complex systems never skip a beat
- Pragmatic in your decision making day-to-day
- Motivated to learn new technologies, design patterns, and work in the cloud
- Comfortable with failures and outages and believe in blameless post-mortems
- Excited to work in a highly collaborative environment with diverse individuals
- Autonomous, individually accountable, and comfortable working in a remote environment
- A believer that diverse and inclusive teams and cultures are non-negotiable
Your day to day is…
- Monitoring and maintaining complex cloud-based infrastructure, systems, and services and ensuring its uptime in order to enable millions of patients to get the care they need
- Supporting our large product engineering org with their scaling, performance, and uptime needs as well as helping diagnose and debug production related issues
- Automating and codifying our tooling, processes, and infrastructure to speed up development and make them repeatable and error-proof
- Analyzing and performance tuning systems, code, and networking for scaling and optimal operation
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent engineering experience
- 5+ years of supporting consumer facing web application production environments and systems
- 2+ years of experience in managing and supporting modern cloud-based environments and infrastructure like AWS/Azure/GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- 5+ years of coding and/or scripting experience in a source controlled environment
- Experience with edge technologies such as load balancers, reverse proxies, web application firewalls, routing, etc.
- Deep understanding of protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, TLS, DNS, NTP
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.