Senior Software Development Engineer, Mobile Apps
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to build thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow -- and to help new ones form -- we are rapidly growing our teams to maximize Meetup's impact on lives. We're ready to reshape and rebuild Meetup for the mobile, global future, and to craft experiences that echo the genuine feeling of going to a meetup in real life.
Today, our apps allow over 5M members to discover phenomenal Meetup groups and events, while also helping organizers access their community on the go. We're looking for engineers to work in our mobile team and own the APIs that power our apps. Engineers at Meetup lead by example -- they demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems, mentor their teammates, and build products and experiences that delight our members and organizers all around the world.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Have 5+ years' building product for web and/or mobile and experience building APIs.
- Are able to own a problem and solution from beginning to end.
- Love writing quality code driven by tests, and leaving the code base better than how you found it.
- Want to work across the whole stack and directly with our team of Android and iOS engineers.
- Are encouraged by collaboration and excited to work with an eclectic team of product managers, designers, and engineers to solve open-ended problems and roadmap solutions.
- Have successfully mentored engineers in your team.
- Are happy experimenting and crafting new products in an ever-changing environment.
Our APIs are written in NodeJS, Java and Scala, and currently, we build new endpoints as Lambdas on AWS. Knowledge of these technologies isn't necessary, as long as you are driven and motivated to learn.
Learn more about Meetup's engineering principles: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about empowering people to come together and create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment. You in?