Senior Software Development Engineer in Test - Engagement
Peloton's test engineering team is looking for an experienced, well-rounded Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) to work with our e-commerce and user experience teams. We believe quality starts early and that it’s every team member’s responsibility to ship high-quality products. You will work closely with developers and product owners, helping teams cultivate a quality mindset, coach and advocate for great user experience while assisting teams with software testing practices.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with test automation for user-facing mobile, and web applications.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented concepts with any OO languages (Java, Ruby, Android)
- Solid understanding of Git
- Experience owing product quality by defining a strong test and rollout plans
- Experience A/B testing releases and interacting with REST APIs
- Experience collaborating with developers on test automation scenarios and working with cross-functional agile teams
- Experience with performance and load testing
- Experience working with CI tools like Jenkins and CircleCI
- Ability to make decisions based on data and heuristics
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience with several platforms (iOS, Android) and setting up test pipelines for them
- Have worked in a product that had localization in its core
- Have worked with visual regression testing
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Provide quality expertise on early stages of the projects (feature kickoffs and stories breakdowns)
- Help the team to analyze edge cases and identify test coverage
- Work with developers and product owners to create and maintain test automation for our web products
- Work with development teams to understand test automation gaps and implement coverage
- Work with teams to make testing an integral part of the software development process
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.