Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test at JW Player, you will have a direct impact on the quality of a video platform that generates billions of video streams a month. You will leverage your excitement about new video technologies by finding ways to test them, as well as help scale our functional and automation testing processes.
This role functions as a key component of JW Player’s Engineering team and is a driving force behind JW Player’s distinction as the most powerful video platform on the web.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with product managers and other software engineers to define acceptance criteria and build test plans
- Take an active role in increasing the percentage of automated test coverage
- Execute hands-on functional testing on the JW Platform via direct access to APIs and automated browser testing
- Contribute to developing a test management framework
- Collaborate with other engineers to understand how development changes affect ongoing automation efforts
- Work as part of a team in an agile environment
- Champion education of quality assurance practices to the team
- Participate in bi-annual company-wide hackathons
- 4+ years relevant test automation/software development experience
- Experience using versioning (e.g. Git, SVN, etc)
- Proven automation experience with Selenium or similar tools
- Able to perform root cause analysis of bugs and defects
- Hands-on CI/CD scripting/troubleshooting experience with tools like Jenkins or Travis
- Skilled in analyzing feature requests/requirements
- Able to identify potential gaps in testing
- Familiarity with BDD style testing
- Experience analyzing test reports for production releases
- You’ve successfully implemented new testing/automation tools and processes
- You’ve implemented and maintained automated tests using tools such as Appium and WebdriverIO
- You’ve held a developer role in the past
- Experience leading an engineering team with 2+ members
- Comfortable multi-tasking
- Knowledge of video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and/or video streaming protocols
- Experience with Cucumber
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.