Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Software Engineering
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but it’s run like a tech startup, and engineering is the core of the company. There’s a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
All of Gemini’s engineers are able to work across the software platform, not just on their own specialization or subteam. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering software.
The Team: Advanced Trading
Gemini ActiveTrader is used by millions of people around the world, and we’re looking to expand our international reach with several new exciting initiatives. You’ll be part of a fast-paced, cross-functional product team that oversees the development and expansion of Gemini’s core advanced trading product, ActiveTrader. Our team’s mission is to provide advanced traders the most secure and reliable cryptocurrency trading platform, as well as an industry-leading user experience that best understands and meets their trading needs.
As a member of the Advanced Trading team, you will be directly involved in the development and support of this product expansion. We’re looking for engineers who can be both analytical and creative as we create the future of advanced trading. A thoughtful, collaborative software development process, as well as a pragmatic approach to problem-solving and software delivery, are important to us.”
The Role: Senior Software Engineer, Advanced Trading
As an engineer on the Advanced Trading team, you’ll help design and build systems that will directly influence the direction of Advanced Trading products. We want to continue building the best product we can as we scale and grow our business. If you get excited about solving technical challenges that directly impact our customers, clients, and the rest of the Gemini team, we’d love to hear from you. This is a Senior IC role with room to grow.
- Develop new products and product features in Advanced Trading, as part of a tight knit product team that includes backend and frontend engineers.
- Lead the backend development team. Mentor and teach others. Set expectations around code quality, documentation, testing, etc.
- Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features.
- Review other software engineers’ code for correctness, style, and information security concerns.
- Write automated tests and work with our QA team to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features.
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects.
- Support your team’s production software by responding to an occasional alert or bug report.
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience.
- Proficiency in Scala.
- The ability to work across teams and manage dependencies.
- A customer- and product-focused mindset, with the ability to make well-reasoned tradeoffs between speed and quality.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities in collaboration with peers.
- Experience working with or being a power user of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology.
- Work experience or knowledge of the finance industry, payments, trading and/or exchange systems.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.