Paige is on a mission to accelerate and transform the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Paige is creating a digital platform for pathologists to transform their workflow and is developing a new class of computational diagnostics positioned to drive the future of pathology.
A career at Paige is deeply mission-driven where you will work with state-of-the-art technologies alongside leaders in the field and to improve cancer care every day. We reach high, help each other succeed, and believe in creativity, curiosity, and creating amazing products.
Paige employees receive great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), paid parental leave, a generous health and wellness stipend and snacks delivered to your door on a weekly basis. We recently raised $70M in series B investment to ensure we’re able to continue our mission and expand our impact. Join us!
We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer, AI to join us. In this role you’ll join a team of world-leading experts in machine learning, computer vision and pathology. You’ll be part of the team that builds solutions for pathologists, clinicians and researchers to accelerate and improve the accuracy of cancer detection, classification and staging. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission.
This position can be fully remote for U.S. based applicants.
- Drive development of machine learning tooling and infrastructure to improve the scale and efficiency of machine learning development.
- Identify and evaluate new patterns and technologies to improve performance, maintainability and traceability of our machine learning systems.
- Work closely with scientists as well as engineers to support planning, developing, training and testing machine learning models for the purposes of computational pathology while leveraging and championing software engineering best practices.
- Participate in driving the whole product development life cycle from high uncertainty research and experimentation to deployment in production and maintenance.
- Mentor engineers to foster a culture of technical excellence.
- Extensive experience working in a team implementing and evaluating deep neural networks, especially for computer vision tasks.
- Extensive experience in Python development.
- Extensive experience with Machine learning development tooling.
- Extensive experience with modern product development practices, including software testing (e.g. unit testing, regression testing).
- Extensive experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with parallelization, threading and concurrency problems.
- Experience with design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer