Senior Software Engineer, Android
Pager is a rapidly growing NYC health-tech startup looking for a Senior Android Engineer to develop mobile solutions for our suite of consumer and clinician-facing products. The ideal candidate will strive for the highest standard of engineering work and possess the ability to tackle important business challenges. This position is best suited for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can execute with precision.
- 3+ years of experience as a developer for native Android applications
- You have shipped multiple products to the Google Play Store.
- Experience building third-party libraries
- Expertise working with RESTful Architecture/Networking
- Experience with modern source code management (git)
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical teammates
- Maintain code quality and high standards of development
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team that includes engineers, product managers, and product designers
- Advanced experience working with Android SDKs
- Strong unit testing experience
- Experience with Healthcare, HIPAA and strong security practices
ABOUT PAGER ENGINEERING
- Decentralized in decision making
- Learning culture
OUR TECH STACK
- Node.js, Python, Go
- Native iOS and Android
- Vue.js, ember.js
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud
- Microservice architecture
- Open source
Founded by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs from successful startups (Uber, Teladoc, Gilt, One Medical Group, Buzzfeed), we are passionate about improving access to high quality and personal health care.
From long days of perfecting a great product and long nights of happy hours or group dinners, we are looking for someone smart, energetic, and fun to join our tight-knit and growing team.
A passion for health care is not necessary to apply; however, a passion for improving the lives of people and living a better life through technology is a must.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.