Senior Software Engineer, Android
Pager is a rapidly growing NYC health-tech startup looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Android to develop our native SDK. This SDK will integrate our suite of patient and clinician facing services into our enterprise partners’ products. The ideal candidate would have demonstrated technical leadership in prior roles, working with large code bases and a team of engineers. The candidate should possess the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
- Architect and build SDKs for the Android platform
- Maintain code quality and high standards of development
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Build and maintain CI/CD infrastructure
- Manage releases and SDK versioning
- Build and maintain internal tooling and reporting infrastructure
- Work with product team to translate business requirements into smaller work units for the engineering team
- Collaborate with other engineers to plan, build and test new features
- Understand existing tech debt, and work with team leads on proposals to manage tech debt
- Participate in technology roadmap discussions
- Maintain a public facing API documentation for working with our SDKs
- Ideate and propose platform specific improvements that can be made to our SDKs
- 4+ years of experience with native Android development
- Experience with Java
- Experience with RxJava
- A strong understanding of core OOP concepts and data structures
- A strong understanding of concurrency and memory management in Android
- Expertise working with RESTful Architecture/Networking
- Experience with unit testing and an understanding of its value
- Experience with GIT
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical teammates
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field (Computer Science, IT, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with Kotlin
- Experience with package managers, such as Maven and Gradle
- Experience with HIPAA and strong security practices
- Experience building SDKs
- Past experience building production ready code with RxJava
- Ability to integrate concepts and methodologies into concrete product implementations
- Ability to accurately set expectations, and then deliver on those expectations
- Ability to work independently and quickly, but cares about precision and details, doing whatever it takes to get the job done
- Encouraged to take risks, suggest ideas and push yourself to new heights
- Constantly evaluating the maintainability of the codebase going into the future
ABOUT PAGER ENGINEERING
Autonomy, decentralized decision making, mobile, Node.js, RabbitMQ, microservices, security, continuous integration, pragmatic, code quality, open source, diverse are just a few words to describe what Pager Engineering is made of.
Our engineering team is composed of over 20 engineers across multiple disciplines including mobile, web, backend and machine learning. You will have a chance to work with individuals who are very passionate about their craft and share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes only full-time engineers who are located in New York City and around the world.
Founded by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs from successful start-ups (Uber, Teladoc, Gilt, One Medical Group, Buzzfeed), we are passionate about improving access to high quality and personal health care.
From long days of perfecting a great product to long nights of happy hours and group dinners, we are looking for someone smart, energetic, and fun to join our tight-knit and growing team.
A passion for health care is not necessary to apply; however, a passion for improving the lives of people and living a better life through technology is a must.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.