This role is remote, with one required visit to your designated home office per quarter.
Remote option is available for employees located in the following states; NJ, CO, FL, IL, IN, IA, MS, NV, PA, WV, Washington D.C. (States subject to change at anytime)
Home Office: Jersey City
Working with William Hill, you will be at the heart of the technological revolution with one of the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. William Hill deals with projects ranging from desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites, to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as the number of orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users daily; impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
When we say cutting edge, we mean it. Here, you can work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but…with the fun included.
Do you ever find yourself in line somewhere, waiting for too long for your turn, look around and say to yourself, “I could fix this operation in a day.”? If so, then this is the job for you! Come join a fast-growing team at William Hill where you’ll have the opportunity to define and improve the processes that our Product Development team uses to create the products that delight our customers.
At William Hill we’re building multi-platform sports betting and digital casino products for the booming U.S. sports betting industry. Our Product Technology team has built a single app, multi-state platform that supports legal sports betting in 7 U.S. states and counting, and as our product continues to reach scale, we need to grow our organization and its processes so that our team can continue to efficiently deliver.
What You Will Do:
- Design and develop innovative mobile apps for the next-generation of customer betting and gaming on Android platform
- Take a functional development approach to Android development to create the “best in class” mobile sports betting and gaming experience for US customers in an exciting, emerging market
- Collaborate with cross-functional business units in an Agile Scrum environment
- Think big, provide ideas on how to make the mobile application better
- Meet deadlines based on the Sports calendar and key strategic plans for the expansion of sports betting and gaming in the US
- Work with QA/Automation team to test code prior to production release
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing on the Android platform, including functional development in Kotlin (highly desirable), Java, Android Studio, Gradle, and ADB
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications (Google Beacon Platform / Firebase)
- Understanding of different versions of Android and how to deal with different screen sizes and peripherals
- Prior work experience on a product development team in an Agile environment is a huge plus
- Development of applications using Google location services
- Web architectures and services (HTTP, REST, etc.)
- Persisting data (e.g. User Defaults)
- Background operations (e.g. AsyncTask)
- Experience with developing applications that are high volume, high availability is preferred (prior casino/gambling, financial, healthcare, insurance industry
William Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union/domestic partnership status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. William Hill complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to type and talk on the phone for extended periods of time
- Regular attendance in the office