WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We're looking for a Senior Engineer for our Application Infrastructure team. The Application Infrastructure (APPI) team is primarily tasked with Braze’s transition from a monolithic application to a service oriented architecture. We’re responsible for building the tooling, processes, and best practices to support that transition. You will help us architect, write and optimize new, massively scaled services on this extremely polyglot team that supports other engineers on projects at all levels of Braze’s stack. You will utilize a wide array of technologies ranging from foundational infrastructure such as Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, and Terraform, to UIs like React Typescript frontends for Ruby on Rails services. You will help build and enable others to build fundamental services which process tens of billions of messages daily.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success
- Have strong and good opinions about how code should be written, as well as good development practices
- Experience with devops type efforts around containerization and deployments of services, especially transforming from a monolith to “micro” services
- Excellent communication skills and a user-centric attitude
- Calm, patient, considerate, compassionate, supportive, and encouraging
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple streams of work at once
- Experience with agile processes and tools such as JIRA
- Beneficial experiences: Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Terraform, Go, Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, Mongo, Redis, Typescript
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.