CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Backend Contractor to join our Technology team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications from the ground up for enrolling members. This is a highly visible project with a huge impact on member experience and revenue. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, and loves to constantly update themselves in technology.
What You Will Do:
- Develop a brand new REST based application from the ground up and develop it with reliability and observability in mind.
- Work on cutting edge tech stack (Java 11, Docker, Kubernetes, REST, Vault)
- Develop applications to be released into production mid week with a zero down time based deployment model
- Be influential in making architectural, design, and technical stack recommendations
- Collaborate with the other members of the engineering team to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into our existing platforms
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
- Write automated Unit, Integration and end to end tests for each service while maintaining a code coverage of > 90%.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of core Java experience. Java 8 experience, required
- Experience with Agile methodologies is highly desirable
- Prefer working knowledge of a wide range of technologies, including: software development methodologies; strong system knowledge of Linux environments; knowledge of Amazon’s AWS ecosystem is desirable
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive with flawless execution
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills