Teachable is looking for a Senior Software engineer - Backend. We're a growing team of people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, architecture, and are driven by a mission to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
As a senior technical leader of our technology team, you will be responsible for designing and building key components of a system that impacts thousands of creators and millions of students. As our team continues to grow, your experience will be essential in ensuring that we hit our company targets and continue to improve the supportive engineering culture we already have here. You will help define our roadmap and the best execution strategy to drive the progression of our stack and our team at large.
Read up on engineering here in How We Code at Teachable
We are looking for someone
- With 7+ years of professional hands-on experience building production web applications
- With software development experience using Ruby, Python, Java, Go, etc
- Has led technical architecture discussions to drive technical decisions on your team.
- Has played a key role in designing and implementing technical projects with multiple members and teams.
- Strong communicator and looking to make an organizational level technical impact
- Who upholds Teachable values, including working as part of a diverse team.
- Team wide role model
What you will be doing
- Develop software design and architecture
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and QA engineers to build high-quality products
- Write clean, high quality and efficient code
- Participate in code and technical design reviews
- Establish, teach, and maintain development best practices
- Mentor software engineers and strive to level up the team
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation
What you will be doing
- Contribute to the technical design and architecture of services and applications across the organization
- Propose and develop features, tooling, and infrastructure to scale the application.
- Sharing complex technical architecture to other members of the technology organization.
- Partner with senior engineering leaders to improve technology, processes, and team culture.
- Promote technical design and coding standards that raise the technical bar of the team and product.
- Mentor other engineers, review code and tech designs
What you might work on
- Architecting services that power Teachable’s product workflows.
- Developing tools and infrastructure to support millions of daily requests.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our hundreds of thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.