Senior Software Engineer - Back End at Candid™
Candid is redefining oral health by using modern technology to help deliver human-focused care. With a commitment to creating the best outcomes, Candid inspires confidence and promotes wellbeing. We believe that high-quality orthodontics should be affordable and accessible, and we’re pioneering an innovative approach to diagnosing, treating, and monitoring cases remotely. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, BCG, Airbnb, Blackstone, and Clover Health.
We are looking for backend engineers to help us build our technology to become the best-in-class consumer healthcare company. You will work closely with other engineers and product teams to plan and develop solutions that will allow Candid™ to continue growing. You will be responsible for bringing our customer touch points to life and will be responsible for sound technical execution of web projects through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. You will report directly to an Engineering Manager in our NYC HQ.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of both small and large projects you work on
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work with open source tools
- Build integrations with third-party vendors
- Architect and implement libraries and frameworks that power Candid™ across the stack
- Work across product, design, and engineering to deliver good quality software
What You'll Need
- You love building and getting things done
- Keen interest and drive to work and excel as a Backend Engineer
- 5+ years experience in Back End Engineering (preferred)
- Experience working with engineering and product teams to meet business needs
- Fluency in at least one programming language
- Ability and desire to operate in a fast-paced and outcome biased environment
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - right off the R & W line, and a short walk from the B, D, F, M, N, Q, 1, and 6 trains
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.