Senior Software Engineer - Backend (New York) at Domio
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:41 p.m. (EST) on Friday, January 10, 2020
If you have a passion for travel & hospitality, you’ve come to the right place! Domio is a technology platform focused on the travel sector, encompassing real estate, hospitality, and design with an emphasis on social connections. Delighting our customers is in our DNA and we’re upping the ante on group travel with curated, end-to-end consumer experiences. We’re all about the hustle AND having fun. The Domio culture embraces innovative, bright, and talented professionals eager to make their mark on these ever-changing industries. Excited yet? Keep on reading.
What We're Looking For:
Domio's focus is to provide our guests with an incredible experience in dynamic locations powered by world class engineering and hospitality.
As a Backend Software Engineer you will working alongside our product team to cultivate Domio's booking and guest in-home experience, and consolidate our operational systems. You will have a lot of autonomy and influence on the technical direction and the ability to work on greenfield projects.
At Domio You Will:
- Work closely with our product and design team to build Domio's direct booking experience and drive user happiness and retention
- Architect our operational systems and consolidate our internal tooling including property management, inventory tracking, task management, and guest communications
- Grow as a technical leader, mentor junior engineers, and teach industry-wide best practices
- Work on greenfield projects, staying flexible to changes in the fast-paced industry. You'll research, identify, and prototype new tools to automate manual functions within Domio
Who You Are:
- You're an experienced software engineer with a Computer Science (or equivalent) degree and 4+ years of industry experience designing and building production ready applications
- You have experience shipping user-facing projects with multiple dependencies across technical and non-technical teams
- You're familiar with backend technologies including Python (or similar), Relational databases, cache's, queue's, system infrastructure, and can learn anything you don't already know to get the job done
- Experience in a high-paced, high-growth environment working with urgency under deadlines and milestones
- You have a startup mentality of getting things done, you're a self-starter, staying flexible to changes, and have a positive attitude toward building a world-class company from scratch
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Ability and desire to work with a team and mentor junior engineers, while pushing our culture forward
- Python / Flask
- Google Cloud Platform
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and more
• Unlimited vacation and flexible work-from-home policy
• Travel discount when booking Domio properties
• Learning & education budget, free books, and classes
• Fitness stipend
• Catered lunches every Friday
• Team bonding and offsite events
• Dog-friendly office
Domio is an equal opportunity employer!
Read Full Job Description