We are looking for a passionate backend engineer who is enthusiastic about and has experience building scalable, low latency and secure systems. At Peloton, you will have the opportunity to rapidly change the face of the fitness industry. You will be working in a high velocity software engineering environment, in a team, building systems which service fitness content to all Peloton consumers over connected and digital devices. You will be responsible for leading large scale projects, collaborating within the team, and with cross functional teams on estimating project scopes, setting milestones, as well as identifying project risks and dependencies.
Our vision within Cloud Partnerships is to provide a delightful, secured, and intuitive member experience through partnerships, third party integrations, and digital apps with the objective to grow our member base by millions of users.Responsibilities
Design and Development
- Assume technical responsibility for new services and functionality, lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, and work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Identify and lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust, and performant applications.
- Contribute to the design of software architecture and development of new features and functionalities in the stack.
- Lead, coach, pair with, and mentor junior backend software engineers.
- Mentor software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and industry best practices.
- Engage in code reviews helping maintain our coding standards.
Drive Large-scale Projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects into milestones and identifying risks and dependencies.
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience of developing software in a microservice environment at scale
- Experience building Python or Java based backend framework at scale
- Experience with designing secure API endpoints
- Strong understanding of RDBMS, specifically Postgres
- Experience with a non-RDBMS databases (DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Ability to own and deliver end to end API functionality from design/architect, to implementation, to testing, to production release and monitoring
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Ability to manage complex cross team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or in similar discipline years of work experience
- Experience working with gRPC and designing microservices from ground up
- Solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Working experience in a Test Driven Development environment
- Experience building SaaS applications
- Continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Experience leading backend development and engineering
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York HQ or Santa Clara, CA office once it is safe to re-open the office.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.