Senior Software Engineer, Backend Services at Paige
Paige is a software company helping pathologists and clinicians make faster, more informed diagnostic and treatment decisions by mining decades of data from the world’s experts in cancer care. We are leading a digital transformation in pathology by leveraging advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to create value for the oncology clinical team.
Paige is the first company to develop clinical grade AI tools for the pathologist, which resulted in our receiving FDA breakthrough designation for our first product.
We’re seeking a creative Senior Software Engineer, Backend Services who enjoys implementing large-scale systems to join our Engineering Team. In this role you will collaborate with our world-class team focusing on product development, machine learning and pathology to develop and integrate a new series of disease-specific machine learning algorithms into our PAIGE pathology slide viewer.This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission with unique technical challenges!
This position can be fully remote for U.S. based applicants living outside of the NYC area.
- Work on various components of the Paige platform that is composed of a monolith digital pathology viewing software written in C# and a set of micro-services for data processing written in Python (We are looking for candidates comfortable working on both of these architectural patterns).
- Architect and develop scalable, reliable and high-performance cloud applications.
- Build services that can handle and stream very large amounts of data.
- Maintain and enhance current products and services to best serve our customers.
- Implement and test new features while applying software development best practices.
- Work within a cross-disciplinary agile team.
- Extensive experience architecting scalable backend architectures.
- Experience with Python (Django, Flask, Sanic).
- Experience with RESTful APIs, service-oriented architectures and micro-services.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with NoSQL (e.g. Redis, MongoDB) and relational databases.
- Experience with modern product development practices, including software testing (e.g. unit testing, regression testing).
Nice to have:
- Serverless technologies.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer developing scalable backend architectures.
- You are authorized to work in the United States.