Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Want to build a product that uses data to see and make sense of the future?
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, we’d want to talk with you.
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data, uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from the data and presents the data through a sophisticated dynamic user interface which enables the user to find answers to their most important questions.
As a Senior Software Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future using state-of-the-art technologies, writing quality code that ships often.
Our backend software engineers work on creating robust services and scalable data processing jobs. We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative teach and learn culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, and tested within the agreed upon timeframe
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify opportunities and work through challenges and share knowledge with your colleagues, including mentoring
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering with 6+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer or MS with 4+ years experience
- Professional experience programming in Python, NodeJS or (Go a plus)
- Real world experience programming high volume backend data processing systems between multiple databases including MySQL and ElasticSearch or Solr
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment, requiring experience with Git and Docker
- Relational database proficiency (e.g. MySQL, Aurora, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Helpful Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!#LI-RR1