Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Bizly is on a mission to help every professional easily build great events. We are currently the enterprise solution for some of the world's largest companies and are focused on serving millions of users globally. We have developed an exciting new product and are looking for our next engineering leader to spearhead us into the future.
Our software makes it easy to design impactful events beginning-to-end, with all the analytics to measure impact. We are a small team working in a highly collaborative environment. If you are self-motivated and love solving technical challenges, you will fit right in. This role will help shape the future of our products to better serve our enterprise customers!
We are looking for a senior software engineer based in New York with a strong track record of developing innovative ideas within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Leadership and teamwork is a requirement for this role.
- Collaborate with peers to design and document new and existing systems.
- Define architectural standards and implement design patterns to ensure scalability, performance, maintainability, and security.
- Develop features and backend services to create a high-quality user experience.
- Manage code deploys in agile release cycles.
- Provide support to triage, debug, and solve production issues.
- Work within cross-functional teams to understand and manage product backlog, technical debt, and team dependencies.
- Interface with teams across the company to guide projects from conception to release.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers.
We're looking for:
- Leadership. You exhibit leadership and influences through strong team and individual contributions.
- A strong communicator. You can proactively, comfortably and effectively discuss your opinions, and articulate ideas and challenges to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Passion. You’re committed to putting in the work and time where necessary to make a great product for our users.
- Minimum of five years of engineering experience. Your background includes experience designing and implementing systems that solve complex problems.
- Excellent knowledge of the tools available: at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Java, Node, Golang, etc.), relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.), Git, AWS, etc.
- SaaS or enterprise product experience a plus.
- Startup experience a major plus.
Bizly is the meetings and events platform that’s built for the whole company to use. Our innovative technology enables teams to build custom events at thousands of hotels, private dining and activity venues, and maximize ROI through built-in compliance and reporting tools. We're venture-backed and growing fast, and we need your help as we work to help every professional build better gatherings - cut down on wasted meetings and drive powerful in-person experiences.
- We have amazing people. You will work with some of the smartest, and most driven people in the industry. We work together to solve every problem, though we’re not afraid to challenge each other with radical candor.
- We value personal development. We are a high-performance organization that is always trying to push the envelope. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here – and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We believe in the power of human connection. Magic happens in the moments we spend face to face. We collaborate freely, communicate openly and meet each other outside the box – often at regular team lunches and offsites.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of Herald Square.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Access to Bizly spaces for creative events
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, and more
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive salary with equity options
Bizly is a growing team working to build the platform that powers human connection. We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our client and venue base and strive for the same in our employees. At Bizly, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.