Teachable is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Backend. We're a growing team of people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, architecture, and are driven by a mission to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
As a senior technical leader of our technology team, you will be responsible for designing and building key components of a system that impacts thousands of creators and millions of students. As our team continues to grow, your experience will be essential in ensuring that we hit our company targets and continue to improve the supportive engineering culture we already have here. You will help define our roadmap and the best execution strategy to drive the progression of our stack and our team at large.
Read up on engineering here inHow We Code at Teachable
We are looking for someone:
- With 5+ years of professional hands-on experience building production web applications
- With software development experience using Ruby, Python, Java, Go, etc
- Has led technical architecture discussions to drive technical decisions on your team
- Played a key role in designing and implementing technical projects with multiple members
- Who upholds Teachable Product Engineering values, including working as part of a diverse team
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with Engineers Product Managers, Designers, and QA engineers to build high-quality products
- Contribute to the technical design and architecture of services and applications across the organization
- Write simple, clean, high quality and efficient software that deliver features and improvements
- Sharing complex technical architecture to other members of the technology organization
- Mentor other engineers, review code and tech designs
- Promote technical design and coding standards that raise the technical bar of the team and product
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.