CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are looking for an innovative Senior Software Engineer who enjoys working as part of a high functioning team building user experiences that surprise and delight our customers. You will be building applications with modern web technologies to deliver our end users frictionless experiences.
What You Will Do
- Develop and test new, and enhance existing, Java based server-side applications.
- As a Sr. Engineer, you will be the technical leader developing & maintaining back end applications.
- Uncover requirements while working closely with product managers. Help determine priority between feature development, long term strategy and technical debt.
- Leading the team in best practices around software development including testing, documentation, and maintenance.
- Work closely with a talented team of engineers, and product managers to build frictionless user experiences.
- Be influential in making architectural, design, and technical stack recommendations within the team and across teams.
- Help establish the identity of the Experiences team through mentoring, teaching, and collaborating.
- Drive the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improving the performance and security of the application.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of core Java experience. Java 8 experience is required.
- Strong in object oriented modeling concepts, have developed multiple maintainable applications using appropriate design principles
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common design patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use back-end software design patterns
- Experience with Agile methodologies is required
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on libraries, frameworks, and toolsets.
- Able to provide technical guidance to other less experienced members of the team
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning