Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a senior Senior Software Engineer to join the Backend Team, responsible for building the backbone of our smart access system. You will design highly-reliable systems within our distributed environment, maintain and refine the backend systems that power our platform, and continuously improve our engineering practices. You will work within cross-functional feature teams and collaborate closely with mobile engineers, firmware engineers, product managers, and operations.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to conceive and build new features
- Develop and deploy Java services to support rapidly growing functionality and usage
- Architect scalable and reliable infrastructure in the cloud
- Help maintain the code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Work with client-facing teams to debug production issues quickly and effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency with Java, experience with Web Application or Microservice preferred
- Experience with at least one cloud provider, AWS preferred
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice