Senior Software Engineer - Charts Computational Services
The Bloomberg Charts product is used by over 150,000 financial professionals worldwide to make financial decisions. Our next-generation Charts unlock market data and give our clients unprecedented advantages. Today's Charts product spans a wide gamut of functionality, from visualizing data on the screen to real-time data alerting to historical trend analysis and much more. Charts & Maps group provides an immensely popular platform for visual and quantitative analysis of data sets through a host of Bloomberg Applications, widgets and mission critical services. The services cater to a broad spectrum of terminal and enterprise users with more than 60+ million daily hits and we're looking for new members to work on some of our most exciting and challenging assignments.
What our team does:
The Data and Computational Services team in Charts group is responsible for development, enhancements and maintenance of a variety of back-end services that provide, compute and aggregate financial data. The nature of the services spans many areas. It includes fetching time-series and signal data from from different sources, calculation of market indicators, manipulation of data using custom mathematical and statistical formulas, real-time data monitoring and transformation. The real-time nature of the infrastructure we have, makes it capable of monitoring live data to alert on market movements. It also allows integration with applications like automated news, which use our services as triggers to auto-generate news stories with smart content faster than ever. We use mostly C++ and C++11 and run on dedicated clusters of machines. Altogether, we serve 60+ million application client requests per day and we are currently looking to further expand the limits of the system.
What's in it for you?
You will be contributing to a powerful framework of back-end services that can retrieve data, monitor and alert. You will get the opportunity to participate in a full cycle of software development from design to production roll-out. You will also have plenty of opportunities to further enhance and improve the services that we own.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be a key contributor to the real-time data monitoring and transformation system
- Innovate solutions for complex technical problems
- Leverage your technical expertise to architect and implement critical services
- Work collaboratively within the team and across functions to deliver products that broaden and improve our offering to customers
- Mentor others and contribute to the growth of the team
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years programming in C++
- Extensive experience in full stack object oriented software development in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with high load multi-threaded services
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in an agile environment is a plus
- Experience with micro service architecture, cloud computing, Virtual Machines are nice to have
If this sounds like you, apply! We’ll get in touch if we think you’re a good match and get started with a technical phone interview. If that goes well, we’ll invite you onsite to meet our team and of course, demo the products you’ll work on.