Senior Software Engineer - Cloud
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is searching for a Software Engineer to join a team that develops a highly-available, multi-cloud, globally-distributed application written in Go.
- Design and implement application features for our customers
- Practice Infrastructure as Code with Terraform, Cloudflare, AWS, Azure
- Identify and remove performance bottlenecks
- Manage system capacity using load testing and measurement
- Design for and implement redundancy at all levels
- Implement deployment strategies that minimize the risk of bad code or configuration changes making it to production
- Design resiliency mechanisms to gracefully handle degradation or failure in other components
- Share the best practices developed here with other application teams
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ year of industry experience
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (we use mostly Java)
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.