Title Senior Software Engineer - Cloud
Location TriBeCa, New York City, United States
Who We Are:
Click Therapeutics, Inc. develops and commercializes software as prescription medical treatments for people with unmet medical needs. Through cognitive and neurobehavioral mechanisms, Click’s Digital Therapeutics™ enable change within individuals, and are designed to be used independently or in conjunction with biomedical treatments. The Clickometrics® adaptive data science platform continuously personalizes user experience to optimize engagement and outcomes. Following a groundbreaking clinical trial, Click’s industry-leading smoking cessation program is available nationwide through a wide variety of payers, providers, and employers. Click’s lead prescription program is entering into a multi-center, randomized, controlled, parallel-group, phase III FDA registration trial for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder in adults. Major pipeline expansion and progression is expected.
About the Role:
We are looking for experienced engineers with cloud or distributed systems expertise. This exciting new role will involve rebuilding a new infrastructure using state-of-the-art technologies in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Our technical environment means that engineers are involved in making sound architectural decisions quickly and seeing the impact of their work across the business.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining the cloud infrastructure that enables Click’s digital therapeutics offerings. Your work will have a direct effect on helping people with a variety of unmet medical needs ranging from but not limited to quitting smoking, major depressive disorder, schizophrenia, and many others.
You will be working on three major types of software: 1) REST and gRPC services used by Click products (e.g., authentication, authorization, service mesh), 2) tools (e.g., CI/CD), and 3) fundamental infrastructure (e.g., storage, message queue, network, container).
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and document software
- Discover, refine, and communicate requirements with engineers and stakeholders
- Improve overall product quality and usability iteratively
- Mentor new and junior engineers
- 5+ Years Software Development experience.
- Experience architecting a subsystem or microservice (e.g., authentication, distributed tracing, or container auto-scaling) and must have played an active role in the architectural review process
- Experience leading production quality software projects (e.g., a subsystem supporting 100K end-users; an internal tool supporting 30 engineers)
- Demonstrates thoughtful consideration of engineering tradeoffs to meet business timelines
- Cloud experience (e.g., AWS)
- Kubernetes operational experience (e.g., AWS EKS Fargate)
- AWS experience on Application Load Balancer, RDS/Postgresql, DynamoDB, CodePipeline/CodeBuild, IAM, and Cloudformation
- gRPC and envoy-based service mesh
- Familiarity with distributed system algorithms such as leader selection and consensus. Plus understanding of distributed system concepts such as consistency and timer.
- Protocol design or analysis experience in Internet, telecommunication or finance
- DevOps experience
Stock options | Competitive salary with annual review | 401(k) matching | Annual performance-based cash bonus | Comprehensive medical benefits through Aetna | Flexible Spending Accounts | Life insurance and disability benefits | Open vacation policy / unlimited PTO | Generous paid parental leave | Commuter subsidies | Monthly catered lunches | Choice of Mac, Windows, or Linux equipment | Sponsored company events | Free, unlimited office snacks and beverages | Much more…
Equal Employment Opportunity
Click Therapeutics is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Click Therapeutics also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Click Therapeutics in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Click Therapeutics to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Click Therapeutics and the specific job and/or work site. Click Therapeutics may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Click Therapeutics in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Click Therapeutics support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Click Therapeutics