Senior Software Engineer, Commerce Cloud at Casper
Casper is search for a Senior Software Engineer to join our direct-to-consumer e-commerce team. As a Senior Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to lead a headless SFCC implementation. As a company built on a strong digital foundation, technology is integral to our e-commerce vision and how customers interact with the Casper brand online. As Senior Engineer, you’ll play a key role in building software that enables teams across the Casper organization to bring delightful experiences to our customers.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Provide Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) technology expertise for solution design and technical implementation
- Serve as backend node.js / Demandware lead
- Design, code, unit test, and code review iterative improvements to platform
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering partners to determine the best path for Salesforce platform implementation
- Translate business and marketing challenges into well-designed solutions.
- Develop applications end-to-end, working with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies that solve problems and delight users
- Stay in tune with the latest Salesforce technology updates, changes, community, and roadmap(s)
- Enjoy teaching and coaching the business team on how to best use Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Maintain and document processes/procedures and provide seamless hand-off to business users to utilize
- Serve as mentor / teacher for less experienced developers on the team, with the goal of making everyone the best they can be
- At least 4 years of relevant Software Engineering experience
- Certified as a Salesforce B2C Commerce Developer or Architect
- Knowledge of digital commerce components such as users, catalog, pricing, inventory, and payment.
- Knowledge of digital commerce integrations such as CMS, DAM, PIM, OMS, and ERP
- Open-minded and values a team that is flexible around implementation.
- Well-versed in modern cloud platforms, like AWS, and "infrastructure as code" approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active. You can independently seek out answers and own project responsibilities
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!