Senior Software Engineer, Community
What you'll do:
- Participate in daily stand-ups, bi-weekly sprint plannings, and sprint retrospectives for the team (we work in agile here)
- Help facilitate ticket assignment – you know the strengths of engineers on your team, and when to give them new challenges to help them grow
- Collaborate with the team’s Product Manager to determine longer-term roadmaps
- Build the product! A solid portion of this role will be hands-on writing code, and we’ll look to your senior expertise to set the standard for the team.
- Review code and provide technical mentorship to engineers on your team (and across the company)
Why we're excited about you:
- You’re an experienced full-stack engineer with a proven history of leading teams in this capacity.
- You are motivated by technical mentorship.
- You bring best practices for coding, testing and technical documentation to the table, and are ready to help us implement them.
- You’re interested in emerging technologies and excited to help push the boundaries of Skillshare’s platform offerings.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: Innovation is at the heart of our Community team, and you’ll be leading the technical charge.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.