Are you a software engineer who enjoys solving problems in the operational space? Does building out an interactivity layer between a compute platform and engineering teams sound like an interesting problem? Peloton is looking for a software engineer to join our Kubernetes team to help build out solutions that allow our compute platform to continue to scale alongside the growth of our member community. In this role as part of the Platform organization at Peloton, you will navigate the waters between operating our Kubernetes clusters and their core services, working with the product team to deliver custom in-house solutions and features to compute platform customers and giving back to the larger cloud ecosystem with opportunities to author open source contributions and conference presentations if you’re interested.
Over the coming year our teams will be focused on building out multi region cluster architectures and automating core service upgrades. We will be implementing a service mesh and traffic shifting service along with offering ephemeral development environments for pull requests and the ability to spin up new Kubernetes clusters completely automated. This role will be focused on automation and service design for each of these goals that helps reduce operational burden for our team in maintaining them, along with providing a customer experience on our platform that is self service focused and with community driven input.
- Creating innovative solutions to solve scaling bottlenecks as Peloton grows both technically and organically
- Act as subject matter expert for all things compute platform and Kubernetes at Peloton
- Evangelize software engineering best practices to both Platform and Product engineering teams across Peloton
- Engage and collaborate with open source communities working in the same problem spaces we are
- A strong sense of ownership with a focus on accountability and transparency
What We are Looking For:
- Experience working previously on software engineering teams building cloud native services and developer tooling
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and cluster operational tasks
- Experience with service design and owning service development throughout its lifecycle
- Experience with multiple languages (we use: Golang, Kotlin, Python and more)
- A passionate communicator able to champion the solutions they execute
- Experience automating operational tasks in a reliable manner
- Understanding of different observability approaches and key indicators for service alerting
- Someone with a lighthearted approach to work with a strong empathetic streak
Exceptional Stand Outs
- Support service development at scale
- Open source contributions
- Kubernetes native application design
- Multiple years of experience operating highly reliable Kubernetes clusters at scale
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.