Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
We are hiring for a Senior Software Engineer on our Core Platform team. The team aims to make it easy to build, test, deploy, and operate our application stack in a standard way. Guesswork and uncertainty slow teams down, so we aim to minimize those and enable our product teams to rapidly deliver great software. Our roadmap is currently focused on themes such as developer workflow, infrastructure support, security, cost management, and observability.
Our tech platform is comprised of Ruby on Rails, Python, React/Redux, PostgreSQL, Redis, Dynamo, Snowflake DB, and a little bit of Java. We are hosted on AWS and utilize Kubernetes for containerization. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks including RSpec, unittest, Jest, and Cypress. We value observability and leverage Datadog and Sentry for instrumentation and monitoring.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Build and manage the development, testing, and production environments for our freight-management software products.
- Leverage Continuous Deployment and Automated Testing to enable rapid delivery of new products, APIs, and services.
- Propose meaningful improvements to our software architecture and design patterns, supported by prototypes and data-driven evidence, and be willing to drive proposals through adoption within the team.
- Play an active role in production software operations. Our engineers collaborate closely and quickly to resolve critical bugs and service outages, lead cross-functional post-mortems, and identify meaningful learnings from incidents.
- Expand the influence of your career experience and technical capabilities by mentoring and collaborating with other engineers and partners. As a Senior Engineer at Transfix, your career trajectory is to amplify your impact in ways that surpass what you can achieve individually with a text editor.
- You have 4+ years professional experience in software engineering, with a focus on “web” context—environments with web and database servers, distributed systems, API services, caching, etc.
- Strong Ruby on Rails and SQL skills.
- You can work independently on complex problems, e.g. debugging DB performance issues, tracing bugs across distributed systems, refactoring services.
- You have exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
- You take pride in delivering high-quality products and build confidence in your software using a combination of automated testing, manual testing, and monitoring tools.
- You invest your effort where it drives the greatest value for your customers.
- You enjoy both learning from colleagues and mentoring others.
- You can constructively disagree with others while maintaining trust and respect.
This role is part of Transfix's fully-remote Engineering team. Our headquarters is based in New York City, and we are prioritizing candidates who are based in Eastern, Central, and Atlantic time zones.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.