The Data Infrastructure Team manages the fundamental building blocks used by analytical systems at Squarespace to store and process data. Our job will be to reforge the many different data systems into an automated set of workflows that allow our partner teams to excel. We develop traditional data warehouses and distributed NoSQL systems. We use both on-premise and cloud tools to achieve our goals. You will report into the Engineering Manager.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support our Hadoop clusters. Work with our users to determine capacity and functionality requirements, develop monitoring tools, and maintain reliable operations. Improve and normalize DE and Census clusters. Add cloud capacity and transfer select datasets and processes to GCP.
- Support the Postgres Data Warehouse. OLAP systems do not fit into our cookie cutter Postgres instances. We need to evaluate capacity requirements, make sure we are meeting them in the short and medium term, and come up with a long-term architecture for our data warehouse.
- Develop reliable data access infrastructure. In the short-term - tune our Hive/Presto clusters to accommodate both ad-hoc exploratory queries and systematic ETL processing. In the medium and long term - develop the next generation of abstractions to shield the users from the implementation details of the storage solutions.
- Support ETL Processing. Enhance our k8s Airflow operator.
- Last but not least - work with Product teams on one side and Data Engineering and Data Science teams on the other side to provide support.
- First and foremost we are looking for the desire to assume responsibility of pieces of analytical infrastructure. We are looking for engineers who take pride and satisfaction in creating rock solid systems.
- Experience relevant to Hadoop, Postgres, and GCP.
- 5+ years of experience developing backend services and ETL streaming and batch processes using compiled languages.
- Experience writing automation scripts and libraries in the Data world.
- Intimate knowledge of the challenges our product and data teams are facing and desire to help.
- You don't have to know everything but you are willing to learn what is required and teach what you know.
- In particular, knowledge of the data ecosystem therein
- Hadoop and Map Reduce ecosystem
- Kubernetes Operators
- Real-time timeseries and monitoring solution
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.