Senior Software Engineer - Delivery Market Management at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
About the Opportunity – Delivery Market Management
As a Senior Software Engineer in Delivery Market Management, you will take a leading role developing the real-time automated systems that manage our business. Alongside data scientists, product managers, and operations specialists, you will design and develop predictive models and services to identify and respond to degradations of service quality for our valued diners in real time. You will build data analytics to provide visibility into the markets, and you will use them to inform decisions to help our business succeed and grow.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement, and deliver high-quality software that achieves our business goals
- Understand our business objectives and the problems we want to solve with our technology
- Break down complex projects into smaller manageable parts of elegant technical solutions
- Communicate effectively with business leadership, product owners, and other technologists
- Actively contribute to the adoption of software architecture best practices and new technologies
- Mentor junior software engineers in informal or formal capacities
You Should Have
- 5+ years experience developing highly scalable applications (real-time experience is a plus)
- Experience with a modern object-oriented language (e.g. Java, C++)
- Experience architecting and building testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- Experience with distributed systems (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB) is a plus
- Familiarity with linear optimization, analytical models, or machine learning is a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
And Of Course, Perks!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information