Senior Software Engineer - Delivery
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to provide technical and architectural leadership to a team. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy new and innovative products for our restaurant partners enabling self-management and onboarding of all existing and future partners. We have high standards for code quality, unit testing, and intelligent architecture.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools)
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub.com diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
- You will be a key part in accurately estimating the timing of software delivery
You Should Have
- Expert understanding of Java
- Knowledge of Spring / Spring MVC Framework
- An understanding of Cassandra and NoSQL Databases
- Understanding of unit testing and version control
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Willingness to understand larger business context
- Desire to work in a fast paced, tech and product oriented company
- If you are based in a city outside of Chicago, feel free to apply! Relocation may be possible for an ideal candidate!
And Of Course, Perks!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information