Senior Software Engineer, Developer Productivity at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Role and Responsibilities
Orchard is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Developer Productivity to build and maintain tools to enable our growing engineering team to continuously boost productivity and deliver value. The mission of the Developer Productivity team is to design, develop, and support tools and processes that make common developer workflows efficient and reliable.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the engineering teams to understand the challenges they're facing in delivering high-quality code.
- Enable engineers to easily build & deploy their code to different environments
- Work with your team to build a roadmap to investigate, discover and implement solutions to those challenges which make sense for Orchard.
- Build a strong end-to-end testing story for the entire engineering organization.
- Re-envision our service frameworks and tooling integrations to increase developer efficiency, confidence, and service reliability, including:
- Implement production ops tools that allow developers to notice issues with code and take immediate and clear actions to resolve
- Set up reliable, stable, and up-to-date environments for development, QA, and testing purposes
- Partner with the infrastructure team to ensure our CI/CD pipeline supports safe and easy deployments to production. We deploy dozens of times per day and aim to continue doing so as we grow.
- 4+ years experience in Software Engineering
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related experience)
- Familiarity with AWS, Postgres, SQL, Airflow, Docker, CircleCI a plus.
- Experience working with a team to plan, prioritize, build, and deploy code regularly using CI/CD tools.
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.