Senior Software Engineer, DevOps at Harry's
The Engineering team at Harry’s, Inc. is looking for an innovative and passionate engineer to help us build software to support all of our e-commerce activities: from building infrastructure for our customer-facing, responsive user experiences to tools for managing fulfillment and order processing.
You are a talented engineer passionate about DevOps with experience working on large-scale applications. You work collaboratively with other engineers to deploy and operate systems. You “push coders (not just code)” on the best practices of operations and help bring everyone closer to their systems and customers. You are establishing yourself as a leader and have experience working across cross-functional teams. You are able to achieve alignment around decisions across engineering.
What you will be doing
- Effectively contribute features to existing cloud and virtualization infrastructure and identify, evaluate, and implement improvements to virtualization/container/cloud tooling and technologies
- Work with a team of engineers to deliver monitoring, deployment and infrastructure automation successfully
- Deliver well-tailored and helpful communication to audiences within engineering, outside engineering, and external to the company
- Develop and provide engineering training covering infrastructure related systems and services such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Terraform, AWS, Docker, as well as CI/CD-related tooling
- Troubleshoot production issues and mentor engineers on troubleshooting strategies, performance bottlenecks, and performance tuning
- Create or assist engineers with creating Terraform modules, Helm charts, and Dockerfiles
- Create exemplars, frameworks, standards, guidebooks, or other tooling that enhances the ability of all members of a team, organization, or domain to work consistently whether working as a team or autonomously
- Promote engineering best practices
- A Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science (or equivalent non-traditional training) and 3+ years of experience in DevOps engineering
- Strong infrastructure architecture and design skills
- Experience in designing and implementing monitoring, logging and alerting systems
- Strong foundation in the public cloud, in particular with AWS - Kubernetes / EKS, ECS, Cloudformation, Kinesis, Lambda, Terraform
- Great communication skills
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.