Senior Software Engineer, Email Infrastructure at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Braze Email Infrastructure team is responsible for building and maintaining the core infrastructure that delivers billions of personalized emails a month to our customers’ end users as well as processing all associated reporting data. This includes a highly parallelized platform to personalize & send emails at huge scale, REST APIs to manage/track user subscriptions, web pages to allow end-users to self-manage preferences, and dashboards to configure customer email domains.
As a senior engineer on the team, you will work with us to build out new features, monitor/improve performance, and provide guidance on key architectural decisions. You will have the opportunity to tackle significant engineering challenges, such as architecting new iterations of critical components for our systems and optimizing our systems for resilience as they scale.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of full-stack development experience
- Experienced technical leader
- Strong understanding of distributed system design, data structures, and algorithms
- A self starter with great communication and organizational skills
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Professional experience building distributed systems at scale
- Professional experience with any of: Ruby, Rails, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, React, TypeScript
- Experience with agile processes
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.