Senior Software Engineer - Front End - Checkout at Teachable
Greater NYC Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:12 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, December 18, 2019
Teachable is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to join our Checkout pod! We're a tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are on a mission to revolutionize education.
As a Senior Front End Engineer you will be responsible for designing and building key components of a system that impacts thousands of creators and millions of students. As our team continues to grow, your experience will be essential in ensuring that we hit our company targets, and continue to improve the supportive engineering culture we already have here. You will help define our roadmap and the best execution strategy to drive the progression of our stack and our team at large. Checkouts at Teachable covers the hundreds of thousands of courses that provide hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue to our creators.
Check out How We Code at Teachable to get some insight into engineering here
We are looking for someone
- Care about good programming practices (OO and functional principles, test coverage, readability and maintainability, performance, etc.)
- Has played a key role in technical projects with multiple members
- Who likes to take ownership and get involved in deciding how and what we build
- Has ideas about building software in a clean and scalable manner
- Be interesting, creative, fun to work with and interested in doing cool things with a cool product
- Values working as part of a diverse team and supporting other team members when needed
What you will be doing
- Develop software design and architecture
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and QA engineers to build high-quality products
- Write clean, high quality and efficient code
- Participate in code and technical design reviews
- Establish, teach, and maintain development best practices
- Mentor software engineers and strive to level up the team
What you might work on
- Build new ways to pay, improve the checkout experience, and work to create more sales
- Help creators earn more and better manage their financials
- Internationalize our payment systems to support more markets
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our hundreds of thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
401(k) with match after 3 months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description