--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You build products that make users’ lives better. Are comfortable with rapid experimentation and enjoy solving new problems. You have the know how to deliver a product incrementally leveraging your experience with lean and agile practices. You own your own path to production and design applications that are well tested as well as easy to monitor for failure. You understand state management with Redux and enjoy working and sharing different React patterns, as well as exposing yourself to other parts of the stack like our Java backend services and our AWS hosted infrastructure.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
In this role, you will create the ways in which the customer interacts and experiences the alerts that we send them. This means you’ll:
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
- spend time with different parts of the company to understand how events around the world turn into customer alerts.
- implement industry best practices along with novel patterns and technologies that will help improve the codebase and the product
- partner with other members of the team to plan and deliver the next iteration of our customer web application to support emerging use cases for our product.
- be a technical mentor for more junior members of the team as well as sharing technical leadership responsibilities with other seniors on the team.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-MM1#LI-REMOTE