Senior Software Engineer, Front End
A little bit about us
The PP Engineering team, a highly collaborative group of developers and technologists, is charged with building and refining a consumer-facing product that millions of people interact with each month. Our individual feature teams each focus on a unique piece of the user experience and are made up of engineers, product managers, QA, and product designers. We prioritize creativity and continuing education, and our ongoing commitment to quality code shows in our pragmatic but brave approach to technology.
What you’ll do here
- Build and maintain UI components that are testable and performant.
- Test cross-browser functionality.
- Advocate JS organization to the rest of the engineering team.
- Work on and improve our build system, introducing best practices.
- Work closely with Product Management and Product Design teams to communicate new feature designs to other members of the team.
- Work towards reusable components that continue to foster consistent user experience.
- Automate testing of front end components, including unit and integration tests.
What you bring to the table
- Experience with React, CSS preprocessor (SCSS), and consuming APIs.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of good design and UX.
- Experience in Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Java, or Go are all pluses.
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 80 million people connect in the real world last year. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people of all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply!