Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Front End Team. You will be responsible for building innovative interfaces used by a diverse set of customers. Latch web products serve as mission critical tools for property managers, residents, and service providers. You’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact Latch’s core access business, as well as emerging products and markets.
- Use experimentation and data analysis to tune your web applications to be high-performing, intuitive and functional
- Mentor, educate and support those around you, as well as other web engineers within the company
- Continue to refine and define our tech stack, utilizing open source tools, generalizing product-specific code and/or building novel solutions to needs we encounter
- Serve as tech lead for cross-disciplinary software engineering initiatives
- Manage a growing team of frontend engineers
- At least 7+ years of relevant experience
- You are an expert in at least one modern web framework (Angular, React, Vue, etc.)
- You are an expert in core and emerging web technologies and APIs (HTTP2, TCP/IP, CSS/HTML)
- You have deep understanding of Web and Information Security concepts and concerns, such as CORS, CSP, CSRF, XSS, etc.
- Bonus: You have Web/Visual Design, UI/UX, and other relevant experience
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice